Okay I really did it again… If you have no clue what I am talking about, here is part 1. But the rest knows the “insane face up project” I am talking about.
Here is Evol, my little practise head, with the skin color change and face up I did last time (Yes it is ugly, we know xD ) – BUT I decided to redo her a few days later.
I had to clean her first and that worried me a lot. I used Liquitex and I had no clue how well it will go off.
But then that happened:
It just peeled it of… This was so weird, but also so satisfying. The rest of the head was also cleaned fast, so I could start again. This time the first layer was Liquitex, then I painted the skin color and after that I only used MSC. The texture was more smooth and all my different materials did great on the surface. I tried some different things for the brows or lips – which I will not do like this, I think the lips don’t look good. But anyways, after this time I had a plan for my Charles head!
But first see the second try:
I went for a darker and less reddish skin color. And I thought this could be almost what the body will be. I also decided not to use Acryl paint for the freckles, I really like it more with watercolor paint.
And then she came… I thought I would get her in a few days, I saw in my tracking that she went to customs. But the letter came only one day after and I immediately drove there to pick her up. I did no box opening, I really had to enjoy her for myself, since the last week was just crap at work and I needed some positive boost!
Here she is with the Charles head on and some clothes of Marie (which are really stretchy), she also wears the Fairyland boots, which are a little snug, but it is alright.
Welcome home Nettie:
Look at this bodyyyyyyy ❤ #yaaaasqueen
Okay, but it was already Friday and on Saturday was the meet up. I really wanted to bring her with me, so did the face up – no more practice and no more safe. I used the same sealant as in the second try and took my time.
Here we go:
You can’t really tell from the pictures, but I first went too dark and too reddish, but in the last picture you can see the match was quite good. So I moved to skin texture and finally gave her a face, lashes and some temporary eyes!
I AM SO HAPPY – I mean look at her: